Thursday, September 20, 2012

Just another day....September

Have you ever had one of those days where your mind will not slow down...but your body won't move?

I have been having those since the leaves started changing...exactly on the first of Sept. 

First, I can't believe summer is over. Seriously, I missed it somewhere between moving into a 5th wheel camper to moving back home. So weird.
I know summer was here, but right now it just seems to have been a huge blur. 

I remember snippets of a few days. I know there was an entire movie crew camping at the resort, although, I couldn't tell you about any of them alone from the fact that I thought they had terrible bathroom manners. 

I know the 4th of July came and went. I remember a parade, getting tons of beads and a few pieces of candy. No fireworks, it was too dry and risky to set them off.

I know August was hot. 

Mostly, I remember all the things I had planned on doing, but have not accomplished one.

At the beginning of summer, I hauled totes full of  craft projects up to the resort. In my minds eyes, I saw me happily working on all my craft projects after work. For a few days, I had a little cartoon bubble above my head, full of pictures of the fabulous Christmas presents I would create during the summer nights. I had planned to be so proud of myself when fall arrived and I had all of the gifts finished, with nothing left to do but wrap.

HaHa!!
The cartoon bubble popped after about a week. Instead, in the evenings, I found myself looking at the clock, yearning for bed time to come. I remember asking Nathaniel if it was close enough to dark to go to bed. He always told me no. 

Honestly, this summer was about work, work, work, and work.

Yes, I got 2 days off each week, most of the time. The bad thing was that those 2 days were never together. One was spent doing laundry, shopping, and trying to get everything done so that on my next day off I could do it all again. The other day off, was, well, not a day off, I still had to take care of the cabins in South Fork, so those days found me driving to each of them, sometimes cleaning, sometimes yard work, sometimes...well, you get the picture. 

I am thankful that being over 50, I still have the ability and health to work 7 days a week. It seems that when I was a child, people who were 50+ were gray haired and walking with canes. And those were the healthy ones!

I am blessed that we had a nice trailer to stay in. I can't tell you the nightmares I had about that one! (For another post) 

I am able to say we have paid down a few debts, and plan on a late fall vacation to California.

But mostly, I'm plain old tired. 

Fall is here, and I have nothing finished, some I haven't even started, and I can forget about wrapping. I will be doing that the first couple of weeks of December, like I did last year!

My mind is still full of all I want to accomplish, but the body isn't willing.

Someone should have warned me about this stage of old age!!

No comments:

Post a Comment